Big Room Archive
Alex and Drew, aka. The Chainsmokers, consistently (and we’re oh, so happy about it) send us their newest remixes and tracks. Which I think appears to be, what? Like at least a track every two weeks or so. These guys are TRULY making quite a huge name for themselves. With something like 8 tracks making it to the top of the Hypem charts time and time again, they are a force to be reckoned with. Their most recent release here is their remix of Icona Pop‘s Girlfriend that is was also released their first ever OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO.
“Admittedly, the track “is a bit of a departure from our usual style ‘AGAIN’ but we actually made this about 3 months ago, so while it is, we really wanted to try our hand at least once at the big electro room sound, something the crowd could jump up and down to for 20 seconds, and we thought with these anthemic vocals, it would be the perfect opportunity to do just that.” – The Chainsmokers
Worth a listen, worth a watch, worth a download, worth some FU**ING support (BUY HERE). These gents are straight killing it. Enjoy
Thanks to a fortunate turn of events I am excited to say I am finally fully back in business and can finally begin posting on a regular basis again. I received my computer with it’s soul still in tact (my hardrive and all my music THANK YOU DIGITAL JESUS) and couldn’t wait to get you all caught up with what you may have missed while I was M.I.A. I didn’t really know where to start so here’s just a bunch of songs I’ve been listening to that have been released over the past month and a few from the past couple of days. Some of this may be re-cap for a few of you but I figured it better late than never. Stay tuned for Part II and be sure to keep your ears peeled for Indie Mix Vol. III – which should be up some time next week.
Follow me on Twitter @penguinprisms
I have no idea who this dude Xenith is (seriously there’s literally like nothing about him online) so I wont send you to his page quite yet. I’m sure If he keeps making beats like this we’ll start seeing his name more and more. Not very many songs these days can captivate me from the beginning and keep me interested, yet Xenith has done just that with the insanely mixed melodic vocals and a very hard hitting, yet mellow, bass. Another treat I have is coming your way from Colorado. Big Gigantic is a name that may ring some bells. For those of you who don’t know, they are a ‘Live-tronic’ jazz and hip-hop electro band.. They jam out with saxophones and electronic drum kits n shit… I’ve only heard legendary stories of their live shows. Can’t wait till I get to see what the hype is for myself. Lastly I have to lay down 2 tracks from a man named, Spenca. I had to put up both songs to show the diversity in this dudes arsenal. His ‘Superstition’ remix is a dance and house music gem. Aaron you’re going to love this shit. Anyway the main reason I’m putting Spenca up here is for his original mix ‘Do It Live’. It’s genius. He uses a hilarious sound clip of Bill O’ Reilly losing his shit on some news cast from years ago..turn it up. enjoy!
Ive always been a huge fan of progressive and really any kind of house in general..but lately all i’ve been listening to is a lot of dark and heavy shit. Henry Fong has brought me back to the lighter side of the spectrum with this anthemic remix of Flux Pavillions Daydreamer. I dont think Henry Fong has ever been featured on OHD but i’ve been a fan for a while. Henry has always graced us with that heavy big room feel that he produces oh so very well and this track isnt any different. With the same vocals as the original, some uplifting sythns and the driving 4/4 bass line this one will be hitting dance floors across the globe for a while. Enjoy.
Connect with Henry Fong via:
Dada Life is at it again with another huge EP. Rolling Stones T-Shirt is definitely one to get us in gear for the upcoming summer season. The Ep is a four track album with an original mix of their Rolling Stones T-Shirt single accompanied by an instrumental and remixes by Chuckie and Cazzette. As usual, the duo brings us some catchy beats, memorable lyrics and a dirty ass drop. If you’ve been looking for the perfect track to get your summer pool parties started, look no further because Dada Life just delivered.
Make sure to buy and download on Beatport
Connect with Dada Life via:
Tiesto just released this track on iTunes and I must say I’m pretty impressed with it. Although he did a great job with the original, I prefer the the Third Party Remix. Third Party has released a number of great remixes this year that have instantly become hits and they just added to their collection with this big room house masterpiece. Enjoy.
Right Click to Download – What Can We Do (A Deeper Love) (Third Party Remix) – Tiesto[audio:http://ohheydoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/What-Can-We-Do-A-Deeper-Love-Third-Party-Remix.mp3|titles=What Can We Do (A Deeper Love) (Third Party Remix) – Tiesto]
Buy the Original on iTunes
Swedish House Mafia played for a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden this past Friday night. Not sure if any of you were able to check it out live in NYC or streamed it online but this is a set for the books. Not only is this one of SHMs better sets its also the first time any electronic dance act has headlined at the Garden. This is a huge milestone for the EDM world and a massive accomplishment for SHM. This set dope as fuck…It doesn’t stray too far from that big room feel that SHM bleeds, but there are a few different genres mixed in that are sure to make you jump.
Live @ Madison Square Garden – Swedish House Mafia[audio:http://ohheydoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Live-@-Madison-Square-Garden.mp3|titles=Live @ Madison Square Garden]
01. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner – Together (The Attic Intro Edit) w/ Alesso – Nillionaire [Refune]
03. Michael Calfan – Resurrection (Axwell’s Recut Club Version) [Axtone] w/ Axwell feat. Steve Edwards – Watch The Sunrise (Acappella) [Axtone]
04. Nari & Milani – Atom [Size]
05. David Guetta & Afrojack – Lunar [EMI]
06. Deniz Koyu – Hydra [Joia] w/ Adele – Set Fire To The Rain (Thomas Gold Remix) [XL]
07. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso – Calling (Instrumental Mix) [Refune]
08. Feenixpawl & Ivan Gough feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind [Axtone]
09. Deniz Koyu – Tung! [Flamingo] w/ Calvin Harris – Feel So Close [Sony]
10. Niki & The Dove – Mother Protect (Alex Metric Remix) [EMI] w/ Afrojack – Replica [Wall]
11. Axwell – Heart Is King [Axtone] w/ R.E.M – Losing My Religion (Acappella) [Sony] w/ Ferry Corsten – Punk (Arty ‘Rock-N-Rolla’ Remix) [Flashover]
12. James Blunt – Dangerous (Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel Remix) [Atlantic] (Axwell Edit)
13. Deniz Koyu – Hertz [Flamingo] w/ Cassius – I Love U So
14. Michael Woods – Bullet [Diffused] w/ Nero – Promises (Calvin Harris Remix) [MTA]
15. Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix) [Size / One More Tune] w/ R3hab & Swanky Tunes feat. Max C – Sending My Love [Wall]
16. Arty, Matisse & Sadko – Trio [Axtone]
17. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone [Phazing] w/ Swedish House Mafia vs. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza [Virgin] (Live Vocals) w/ Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone (Acappella) [Phazing]
18. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party – Antidote (Vocal Mix) [EMI]
19. Tommy Trash – The End [Downright] w/ Florence and The Machine – You’ve Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix) [Toolroom] w/ Swedish House Mafia – One [Virgin]
20. Axwell feat. Errol Reid – Nothing But Love (Remode Mix) [Axtone] w/ Arty – Around The World [Anjunabeats]
21. Steve Angello – Yeah [Size]
22. John Dahlback feat. Erik Hassle – One Last Ride (Tommy Trash Remix) [Mutants / Big Beat]
23. Diddy, Dirty Money feat. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix) [Interscope] w/ Daft Punk – Aerodynamic [Virgin] w/ Hard Rock Sofa – Quasar [Axtone]
24. Nadia Ali, Alex Kenji & Starkillers – Pressure (Alesso Remix) [Spinnin] w/ Coldplay – Fix You [EMI]
25. Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia – Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall [Parlophone]
26. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World [EMI] (Live Vocals)
27. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix) [Infectious] w/ Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode) [Axtone]
28. Steve Angello, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso & Laidback Luke feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind [Axtone] w/ DEVolution feat. Amy Pearson – Good Love (Alesso Remix) w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero Remix) [Relief]
29. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke vs. Robin S – Show Me Love [Ministry Of Sound] w/ Axwell feat. Max C – I Found U [Axtone] w/ Steve Angello – Knas [Size]
Just droppin another dope track from Avicii. This time he teamed up with Nicky Romero to make Fuck School. You can definitely hear Nickys influence in this one. Perfect for those who are stuck studying for finals right now. Seriously…Fuck School.
Hey everyone! Happy to announce that (can you believe it) today is exactly one year from the very first post that we ever created as Oh Hey Doctor. We’re happy to be around for as long as we have because 1-year is an extremely long time to be around, active, on the blogosphere. We’re very proud and we are so very thankful to all of you that have been extremely dedicated, kind and positive followers :) So, to thank all of you, we’d like to throw a sort of … competition… in the air!
This is how it works – We’ve set up an email account to which any of you, who are so artistically inclined, that would like to have their work displayed for the world to see may submit a design that is Oh Hey Doctor affiliated. Meaning, make a design, logo, picture ANYTHING that you feel may fit well with our music, our blog or our lifestyle and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The winner of best design, logo or whichever will have their work featured on our shirts and merchandise that are due to arrive within a month! Not only that, we will send the very first printed shirt sent FOR FREE to the winners doorstep. It’s a great opportunity to get recognized and in turn support your favorite music blog!
Thanks for all the love everyone and we look forward to a new, prosperous year filled with the best music in the blogosphere!!!
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGNS TO —- email@example.com that’s firstname.lastname@example.org OR just click here.
Davie, Tum and Dro.